Friday 23 May 2014

Legend- Recommendation

Hola! It's that time again- time to tell you about a book I really enjoyed so that you can enjoy it too!

So this time, I have a dystopian that I read only recently, called Legend by Marie Lu. Not only did my favourite booktuber, polandbananas20, recommend this through her review, many of my other bookish friends, both online and not, also suggested I read it. So naturally, I bought it. Except, I bought it sometime last year, and it got lost in the pile of books I had to read and I only got one hundred pages in. I really loved it, but I just kept picking up other books and it sort of got pushed to the side.

However, with some extra time on my hands, I picked the book up again and made it all the way through. This is a story about a wanted criminal, called Day, and a high ranking prodigy of the military, June. What was once the United States of America is now divided into the Colonies and the Republic. But when Day's family are threatened and everything goes wrong in an attempt to help them, June and Day are suddenly thrown into each other's universes. But slowly, they begin to realise just why fate has brought them together, and they must uncover sinister and dangerous secrets that threaten their lives. Just how far will the Republic go to protect its dark secrets?

I really loved the characters in this, particularly Day. He had a spark about him that I loved, and some things he said were absolutely wonderful, and I got to put down the book and just chuckle to myself for a bit. Not only did I love the characters, I also loved the world and the way everything was set up. The whole idea was just spectacularly executed, and I am excited to see where this series is going.

I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good dystopian adventure, particularly one where you can solve crimes and add up clues given to you throughout the story. It was a fantastic book and I suggest you go and pick it up right away :)

If you have read Legend, leave a comment telling me your thoughts (no spoilers for the next books please) along with your twitter name and I will follow you and give you a shout out.

Have a spectacular day,
lily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment