Wednesday 25 June 2014

Breaking Beautiful Recommendation

Hello, friends! It's time again for a recommendation! So let me set the scene where I found this book. Little
bookstore. I have some spare money for books. I'm stocking up on books for the next few weeks.

So first I pick up The Peculiars, which I still haven't read yet, but it looked interesting and gothic, which is a sure-fire hit with me. Then I pick up Pure, which my friend recommended to me, and it sounded interesting, so I added that to my pile.

Then I saw a book with a cool, police tapped cover, called Breaking Beautiful, by Jennifer Shaw Wolf. I pick it up thinking it would be a teen-detective, crime-solving mystery story.

That's not what I got.

Allie can't remember the night her boyfriend, Trip, died. She remembers him driving, driving right over the cliff, but somehow, she survived. He didn’t. Her brother, Andrew, and best friend, Blake, along with her teachers and parents are trying to help Allie move on.

The impossible starts happening when Allie thinks she's seeing Trip. But he's gone. Gone. And whilst dealing with the aftermath of the accident, Allie tries to fix her broken relationship with Blake, and watches her brother make relationships on his own.

But will Allie ever remember what happened? And will she be forced to give up a deep, dark secret she's been hiding about Trip for far too long?

This book is just fantastic, although it's a lot darker than you may think when you pick it up. It's certainly darker than I thought it would be. Be wary of that when picking it up, it's probably not for younger readers.

If you're into dark crime/psychological thrillers, like The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (one of my favourites, by the way) then you will love this. It's dark, it's mysterious, it's a bit scary, and it's brilliant. I don't want to spoil it, so I can't say much about it, but I seriously recommend it.

If any of you have read Breaking Beautiful or if anyone wants a review, I can write one up and post it, just let me know in the comments or with a tweet to @lilypherondale :)


Have a wonderful day and I shall see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment