Sunday 20 July 2014

Hunting Lila- Recommendation

Heyyyy! It's that time again! Time for a recommendation from yours truly! So today I am recommending you a book called Hunting Lila, by Sarah Alderson. I found this book on goodreads (check out my account if you wanna here), and I've had it on my "to-read" list for ages. So when I saw it in my library and was stocking up for a few weeks, I couldn't resist grabbing it.

I really enjoyed it, there was just enough of everything I love in a story in it to make me really appreciate the book. As with lots of books, however, the end of the book sort of deteriorates, but I'm hoping the second book will not let me down!

Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. She can move things with her mind, and she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever.

Lila knows she's not ordinary. Dead mother, brother working for a mysterious government operation called The Unit and telekinetic powers sort of give a girl that impression. But after a dangerous and troubling mishap with her powers, Lila flees from her Dad and London, off to go live with her brother, Jack, and his best friend, Alex, in America.

Jack and Alex work at The Unit, a top-secret government military facility which is all too suspicious. Whilst living over in the strange world of odd alarms and midnight missions, Lila must deal with Alex. Lila has been in love with Alex since they were kids, and is determined not to let him or Jack know over her time staying with them.

Not only does Lila have to worry about Alex and The Unit, but also her powers. Mysterious men come up to her asking for her help and other odd things begin to happen, and she realises that maybe, everything here is connected.

So this book was hard to put into a genre. It's sort of crime and mystery, but also sort of psych thriller, and also a tiny bit supernatural, but it was just a really enjoyable story. I recommend this for people in book hangovers or mourning periods, because it's an easy story that you can really get into and enjoy with not too much effort.

I hope I've been able to give you guys an idea of something to read and I'll see you next week, right here!

Have a brilliant day!

No comments:

Post a Comment