Sunday 18 January 2015

My First Official Bookhaul!

I have succumbed to the curse of booklovers everywhere. I have bought so many books over the last few weeks and so I have compiled them here in my first official bookhaul for you to look at. I think bookhauls will be a valuable addition to my blog, so you can see what books you can look forward to reviews for and even check out some suggestions of books you might like to read. It also gives you a chance to let me know what books you've loved that you think I might also like, so I can give them a read and then put up a review dedicated to you... so let's get started!

The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: received for Christmas
This book I got for Christmas, as it had been on my wishlist for a while. You can see my review for it here. It's about the niece of Sherlock Holmes and the sister of Bram Stoker solving crimes under the guidance of Miss Irene Adler. You can check it out on goodreads here.

The Book Of Ivy by Amy Engel
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 29th December, from Dymocks
This book was one of the best impulse buys I've ever bought. It here.
ad spectacular reviews on goodreads and the blurb and cover really intrigued me so I bought it and absolutely loved it. It's about a girl, Ivy, who has to marry her worst enemy. But that's not the hardest part. She also has to kill him. You can check out my review for it here and on goodreads

The Strange And Beautiful Sorrows Of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 29th December, from Dymocks
I bought this with The Book Of Ivy, mainly due to it's beautiful cover. It was the weirdest, most unique book I have ever read, and I say this with absolutely no doubt. It's about this girl and her family, and how unlucky in love they are. It's a beautifully written, historical and spectacular piece of writing, and I recommend it. You can find it on goodreads here.


Isla And The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 1st January, from Bookworld
If you've spent any time on my blog, you know that I adore Stephanie Perkins. Isla is the last book in a sort-of-series by her and I loved it. There should be a review coming soon... If you're into cutesy, YA romantic contemporaries, you should love this one! You can investigate it further here.


Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 1st of January, from Bookworld
I don't know a lot about this book, but I've heard it's about a girl who wants to get her book published, and the chapters alternate between her life and the story she's writing. It sounds really intriguing and knowing Scott Westerfeld, wonderfully crafted, so I picked it up. If it interests you, you can check it out here.

The Spiritglass Charade by Colleen Gleason
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 1st of January, from Bookworld
This is the sequel to The Clockwork Scarab, which is a steampunk story about the niece of Sherlock Holmes and the sister of Bram Stoker. The first one was pretty good, not fantastic, but I am interested to see what this one will be like. You can check out The Clockwork Scarab and The Spiritglass Charade here and here respectively. 

Four Houses by Victoria Scott
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 4th of January, from the Kindle Store
This book was recommended to me by one of my goodreads friends, Gabrielle. Thank you so much, Gabrielle, I love getting recommendations! :) This short story is about the paths we choose and is quite unique. So much was in this rather short story, and I really loved it. It follows the story of a girl who is given a choice of four houses. The story moves backwards, and will leave you wondering and mystified until the very end. You can see it on goodreads here.




Insanity (Mad In Wonderland) by Cameron Jace
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 5th of January, from the Kindle Store
This was the weirdest, most insane book I've ever read. It's intriguing and messed-up, and I loved it. It's a retelling of Alice In Wonderland, and it follows the story of a girl who accidentally killed all her classmates and who might just be the Real Alice, the one from Lewis Carroll's stories. It's weird and wonderful. You can check it out on goodreads here.

Figment (Mad In Wonderland #2) by Cameron Jace
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 6th of January, from the Kindle Store
This is the sequel to Insanity, and I'm super keen to get into it! You can look it up on goodreads here.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 6th of January, from Book Depository
I've heard so many good things about this book, and it has crazy good ratings on goodreads, so I decided I'd give it a go. It's a dystopian, and I think it's about a society where everything is virtual? I don't know that much about it, yet, but if you're intrigued, go check it out on goodreads here!

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 6th of January, from Book Depository
I bought this because everyone who I've heard talk about this has raved about how heartwarming it is, and how much of an essential read it is. I think it's about twins, and how different they are and it's sort of a coming-of-age contemporary. I'm so looking forward to picking it up; I bet it'll be the first one I read when the order arrives. You can investigate further on goodreads here.


Amy And Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 6th of January, from Book Depository
This was sort of an impulse buy, but I don't think I'll regret it. It's another contemporary, about two kids who go on a big road trip together. I think it's a coming-of-age, discovering yourself sort of story. You can check it out here.

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 6th of January, from Book Depository
I didn't even know this series existed, and so when I found out it did, I knew I must have it. This series is by the author who wrote the Iron Trial series. The world is just so beautiful and fun, and so I knew I had to get it. It's about Meghan's younger brother, Ethan, and his adventures with the fae. I don't know all that much about it, but I imagine it's going to be pretty great. You can check it out further on goodreads here.

This Shattered World by Aimee Kaufer and Meghan Spooner
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 9th of January, from Dymocks
After reading These Broken Stars this time last year, I knew I'd have to pick up the sequel as well. I don't know too much about it, only that it's a sci-fi romance, so I'm very excited to read it. They also have the prettiest covers known to man and they look really good on my bookshelf next to one another. You can check out These Broken Stars and This Shattered World here and here respectively.


All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
STATUS: read
BOUGHT: 9th of January, from Big W
This book was sort of an impulse buy, but the cover and blurb were so great I couldn't resist. This here.
book is about a girl who's forgotten how to live and a boy who wants to die, and their adventures together. It's heart-wrenching, adorable and all-round wonderful. I would definitely recommend. If you're interested, hit it up

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 18th of January, from Book Depository
I saw this in a booktuber's book haul, and it really intrigued me. It's a dystopian, I believe, where things like chocolate and coffee are banned. But the main character's family own an underground chocolate business, I think, and I was pretty sold. Also, the cover is really nice and I got the pretty hardcover version. I can't wait to read it, to be perfectly honest. If you want to know more, click this here link.

The Duff by Kody Keplinger
STATUS: haven't read
BOUGHT: 18th of January, from the iBooks store
To be brutally honest, I don't really want to read this book. From the synopsis and the trailer for the upcoming movie, it seems totally not my sort of thing. It sounds like a wattpad story, and we all know about my feelings for wattpad. But because there's a movie coming out, and I'm meant to be a reliable book informant, I have decided it is my duty to at least give it a go. I will probably review it, and if I enjoy it, I will maybe go see the movie and review that, too. But I don't want to put you off reading it, so go check it out here if you want to.

So that's it for now. But I do think I have a problem, because that's seventeen books in twenty four days! Jace help us all. My TBR pile is at an all-time-high, but I'm really glad I have so many wonderful books to read.

If you follow my facebook page, you would've seen the picture of my new bookshelf and the time-lapse video of me building it. Might I just say, the almost-six-hours of work (all by myself, mind you) was totally worth it because my bookshelf looks amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, follow this link to my facebook page and check it out! Also feel free to like my page so you can be informed as to what I'm reading and when I post :)

Have a lovely day and see you next week!

Lily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment