Saturday 19 December 2015

Bookmas Day 6 — Christmas Reads

On the sixth day of Bookmas, the book blogger gave to me, some festive reads, a post about films, reading recipes, comic book thoughts, a list of writing tips and a book rec for a mystery

Welcome back to My Words Are Arrows! It is officially the half way mark for Bookmas. Can you believe it? I can't. This is the most content I've posted in the such a short time ever. I hope you're enjoying it!

Today I'll be discussing some Christmas reads that you can go pick up to read over the next few festive days. I know I like to relax on Boxing Day with a good book and some left over Christmas food (you know, you've got to drink all that left over eggnog!).

My True Love Gave to Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins
This collection of twelve holiday-themed love stories is my favourite Christmas book ever. At the this here link.
moment, I'm reading a short story for each of the twelve days of Christmas. There are some amazing authors in here, such as Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, Laini Taylor, Holly Black, Gayle Forman, David Levithan, and more. The stories are cutesy and fill you will all the feels- Christmas edition. I would highly recommend this book. Also, I should mention IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Last year, I wrote a review for every single story in the book, so if you'd like to check that out, click

Let It Snow, by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
This is another collection of (slightly longer) short stories. Although I believe that in this book, all Let It Snow, but if I can find a copy, I should like to this year. I am under the impression that these, too, are holiday themed love stories. Although I'm not a huge John Green fan, I did love Maureen Johnson's book, and so I imagine this would be a super cute holiday read. If you'd like to check it out further, you can check out its goodreads page here.
three stories are connected in a way. I have not yet read

Harry Potter, by JK Rowling
If you haven't read Harry Potter, then you're definitely missing out, and Christmas is the perfect time to read this masterpiece. If you have, then  you'll know that these books are warming and lovely, and have the best Christmas scenes, and so it's a perfect time to yank your copy out, dust it off, and reread. Reading about Christmas at Hogwarts will make you want to hang candles from your roof and make fake snow. Harry Potter is the perfect book to read over Christmas, trust me.

Dash And Lily's Book of Dares, by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Here's another book I plan to read these holidays! This is another holiday romance that follows two people who pass a notebook filled with notes and dares back and forth without meeting. I don't know all that much about it, other than it sounds super duper cute and the perfect Christmas read. And of course, a main character named Lily. Excellent. If you'd like to check it out and perhaps start a virtual Christmas book club with me, check out its goodreads profile and let me know!

So there are a few Christmas books you can pick up this holiday season to keep yourself amused, well-read, but also festive! If you know of any other amazing Christmas books, or want to share your thoughts on the ones I've mentioned above, let me know in the comments below or via any of my socials. And as always, my email (mywordsarearrows@gmail.com) is always open to chat, talk business or just to say hi.

Have a wonderful day, and I will see you tomorrow with Bookmas day 7!

Lily xo

No comments:

Post a Comment